11.28.2006

Thanksgiving Weekend and Update

I just wanted to update everyone on our Thanksgiving holiday and Baby Walker.

We spent the holiday here in Atlanta literally waiting on the baby to arrive. I had many phone calls to ask if I felt anything yet! Mason was off of work for a couple days and we spent all of our time enjoying John Lawrence. We ate our Thanksgiving Meal at the Carriage House which is a restaurant owned by Chateau Elan. It is a was very quaint plantation house and the food was excellent. John Lawrence was on his best behavior. I pulled out all the stops and brought Skittles and Gummy Bears. His meal consisted of Pasta, Grapes, Bread and Candy. That night we went and got our Christmas tree. I must say it is our biggest and prettiest one yet.

Friday, we got up and played and went to play Putt Putt Golf with Martha Jane. As you can tell we go often. John Lawrence absolutely loves it! JL is into his Aunt Martha Jane and believe me I am taking full advantage of it. He even says no Martha Jane do it!!! (instead of no mommy do it)

Saturday was game day-(Carolina vs. Clemson). We started out with a big homemade breakfast with all the sides. Around lunchtime Martha Jane came over and we decorated our tree and she gave us a break and played with JL. Then it was game time. Carolina won and JL took a long nap! Martha Jane made us dinner and then she and I went out and did a little shopping. It was fun!

Sunday, we played Putt Putt Golf again and played outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. It was a nice way to end the holiday weekend.

On to baby news!
Monday was my doctor's appointment. I was really looking forward to seeing if I had progressed any from the week before. I was now dilated to a 3 and 90% effaced. The doctor thought I would go this week so he made the decision to go ahead and induce me on Wednesday. I can't tell you how happy I was to hear those words. As of tomorrow I will be 39 weeks and I can't believe I made it this far. I am so ready to meet this baby and find out the sex and watch John Lawrence interact with his new brother or sister. I go to the hospital tomorrow at 6:00am. I will post pictures as soon as possible (thinking Friday). I know many of you will get phone calls as soon as we find out the sex and stats. Someone will call you don't worry!

No comments: